Complete the sentences correctly. There are extra words, so be careful!
1. Mary was very ____________, as she always fell for any type of practical joke.
2. There was a ____________ in the forest, casuing smoke to billow everywhere.
3. The hamster was bored with his life was ____________, since his days were always the same, and nothing ever changed.
4. Scientists often speak in their own ____________ that nobody outside of their circle would understand.
5. Sometimes a message is ____________, and you have to "read between the lines" to understand it.
6. The mixture was ____________, it was all one color and consistency.
7. The machine had a ____________ and then completely stopped working at all.
8. The huge ____________ in how much Janine thought she would be paid and how much she was actually paid upset her a lot.
9. Julie had a big red splotch on her face because she did not listen to her mother when her mother said that picking her pimple would ____________ it.
10. The boy was ____________ and as a result was smaller than the other boys and girls in his family.
11. The mushrooms caused Doug to vomit, and as a result he learned to ____________ them.
12. Reading is a ____________ part of education, and almost all other learning is based on it.
13. The little boy was ____________ about the what to do about the cake. He wanted to have it, but he wanted to eat it too.
14. The calligrapher loved to ____________ his work with extra curly lines and squiggles.
15. The interior designer had to get an idea of the ____________ taste of her client in order to decorate the house.
16. In spite of the police's efforts to apprehend the robber, he had proven himself to be _________ and remained at large in the community.
17. George proved his ____________ when he told the truth about chopping down the cherry tree.
18. Matt's ____________ was decreased after he had fallen off a ladder and had broken his leg.
19. Matt had fallen because he was a ____________ that wanted to save money by buying a ladder that had one leg missing.
20. Carol had to discard her favorite blouse, as the marker she had been using had left an _________ stain which would not come out no matter how hard she tried.